- 1 cup of herb tomato sauce (see preparation)
- 2 tablespoons of traditional sauce, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste 350g grated mozzarella cheese
- 5 mushrooms, sliced
- ½ red pepper, sliced
- ½ onion 150g of chorizo or salami, sliced
- 125ml of olives Pizza dough (see preparation)
Pizza dough (2 large pizzas):
- 1 1/4 cups of warm water
- 2 1/4 teaspoons of instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
Herb tomato sauce:
- 4 diced tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic Salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of herbs
- ½ teaspoon of dried oregano
- 3 basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of traditional sauce
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- Mix the water, yeast, and sugar in a bowl. Let it rest for about 5 minutes, until the mixture foams.
- Mix the flour and salt on a work surface, make a well in the center and gradually pour in the water and olive oil mixture until you have a smooth dough. Flour the dough to prevent sticking.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover it with a clean cloth. Let it rise in a warm, draft-free place for about 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough in half and roll out one half. The other half can be frozen for later use.
- Preheat the oven to 380°F.
- On a floured surface, roll out half of the pizza dough to the desired diameter (35 cm) and place it on the pizza pan.
- Mix the herb tomato sauce, tomato paste, and traditional sauce, then spread the mixture over the dough.
- Spread the grated cheese, mushrooms, chorizo, onions, red pepper, and olives over the pizza.
- Bake the pizza for 18 to 22 minutes.